A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 22, 2023

     I'm sure most people don't feel this way, but years of living under Fascism has taught me that if you want to persuade people to take a side, you don't meet them where they are. You show them where they ought to be, and then refuse to move until they come to you. I've seen reasonable discourse fall on deaf ears more times than I can count, but words driven by emotion seem to move people every time they're spoken. So I refuse to be reasonable about the world. I refuse to pretend that there's a reason Israel decided to bomb Gaza out of existence. I refuse to justify our Presidents decision to pretend Israel's actions were motivated by anything other than the purest form of evil known to humanity. I will not pretend there is any neutral decision one could make under these circumstances. I will make sure that everyone who sees me knows that there is no morality in saying that you stand with Ukraine while you support Israel. That does not make you a moral person. It makes you the worst kind of hypocrite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment