A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 5, 2023

    I've been watching Dan Olson's newest video, and I have some strange opinions on it. Not the video, nor it's subject matter, but the whole concept of conspiratorial thinking in general. I feel like I could write a book about my thoughts on how we build our own internal realities, so it's perhaps not surprising that I was paying attention to that over anything else, and I don't have all of my thoughts sorted out yet. My strongest reaction to this video, at the moment, is asking myself why these people are hinging their Dreamworlds on something happening in reality. I know Infinitelism isn't common (or known), but I feel like it wouldn't be a stretch to realize that if you place the fate of your entire world on a specific thing happening, you're screwed when it doesn't happen, and I think we can all agree that reality can't end just for one person, or even a group. I don't know if this is a reasonable thing to think, but I feel as though teaching people how they can build their own Dreamworlds would help with the rise in conspiratorial thought. I've heard that other conspiracy theories and even a lot of religions place the fate of their worlds on there being an oncoming apocalypse. They believe that they can wish for a new reality so much that the Universe will just cave and give them what they want. Not only is that wrong, it's dangerous, because they're trapped in Dreamworlds that will forever be small, flimsy, and static. A Dreamworld that's doomed to die is a Dreamworld that can't grow into something special. That, to me, is just common sense, but apparently not everybody knows this. We need to change that, and so much else about how we talk about the worlds we share that have no connection to the reality we all live in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment