A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Friday, October 20, 2023

The World

        Other Infinitelists state that the total obliteration of our shared reality was a terrible thing for each and every person on earth. As the only son of a church pastor, I disagree. The loss of reality was an amazing thing for religious figures of all sorts. Good or bad, honest or corrupt, if you claimed to believe in something it was a boon time for you. It was also, of course, a good time for scammers, and my father was both of those things. He constantly talked about seeing God when he slept, and always showed people pictures he’d found on his desk after he’d woken up. For my entire childhood, I remember the days when papa would rush into the room holding a sheet of paper of a young man with olive skin, wearing slightly different outfits. I never questioned the truth until I was old enough to learn about the AI modelling industry and realized that the pictures always resembled the models closely. I didn’t say anything, though, not until Blandco. took my father to court for unlicensed use of the Cameron Walker model. It ruined us so badly that my father shot himself in the head not long afterwards. My mother never recovered from it, and to this day she remains an empty shell of the woman she once was.

      I now run a different church. It’s the only way I know to make money, but I’m not very good at it. I also give seminars on Infinitelism. I care deeply about it as someone for whom their religion was never anything more than an elaborate lie told by their parents, but I’m not very good at selling it either. I just get on stage and repeat points I’ve heard others go on about. I don’t know what else to do.

      If I’d been born a hundred years ago, I’d have a thousand options for ways to make the world a better place, but I didn’t get to grow up in such a world. Neither did my papa, which is why he felt he had to lie. I say that because I can’t live with the idea that my father only ever wanted to lie to people, but the alternative worries me just as much. What if I have no choice but to lie in order to keep my church alive. I opened it up to everyone, just as my papa did,  but I don’t have nearly as many followers as he did. I’m not a showman.

     I wish that I could live in the world of my dreams, one in which we live in harmony with one another and there are no great highs or lows. I’m told the humdrum way of life was pleasant if you could get in rhythm with everybody, but that’s not always something I could manage. I hide it pretty well, especially since there isn’t a good way to tell what’s normal anymore, but I always wonder what it would be like if I could just silently follow everybody’s rhythm. It would only work if we had one mind, but I do think many people, especially those who just want to blend in, might prefer that. Many would not though. I know because one of them started the philosophy I now subscribe to. I just have to remember to express my will to the world. Easy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment