A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2022

The Picture of the Past

 I see them stiff,
Frozen in a moment
Of glory and shame.

I see them staring at me,
An expression of anger
And fear.

Arms outstretched
They reach out to me,
To a present they can't reach,
To a meaning they'll never know.

They've been forgotten by so many
They can't even be ghosts anymore,
Only pictures in a lost photo album,
Filled with unhappy moments.

They don't know why they've been forgotten.
They don't know why the old world left them.
They don't know why any of this had to happen.
All they know is that we abandoned them
When they needed us the most.

I should feel sad,
For my heart aches for all that's been lost,
But there's a deep hole in the place they once lived,
A void no sense of joy can fill.

Do I miss them?
Do I miss the life they once gave me?
Or am I just mourning the moments
When I felt they were gods? 

No comments:

Post a Comment