A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2022

Points of Interest

 To think I'd live to see history
Banging at my door.
To think I'd live to see the things
We'd never seen before.

We talk of all the things great,
That existed in the past.
Of all things bright and beautiful,
Things too glorious to last.

Never did I think I'd be
Something interesting or fun.
I was told of greatness and glory,
Those things brighter than the sun.

But history's repeating,
Or maybe it just echoes.
One can only sit and watch,
As our time ebbs and flows.

I am now a point of interest
On history's great line.
Only the future ones will now
Whether or not I'll fade with time.

To think I'd live to see history
Banging at my door.
In youth I wished for greatness,
Now I wish I'd been a bore.

Our lives didn't need to be interesting
To be passed on down the ages.
I wonder whether we will listen
In any of our future stages.

No comments:

Post a Comment