A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2022

For a Moment in Time

 They say that the people who meet us
Are a part of our destiny.
That our futures are shaped 
By those the gods put
In our path.

I don't know if I believe that,
But I know that I see people
Changing me.
For a moment,
A small slice of time,
A piece of eternity
Before tomorrow swallows me whole.

I'll never know
If our world was meant to be this way.
If our past would only ever
Come together to form today.
All I know is that we matter,
That our voices were meant to be heard.
Whether by the gods
Or by the space that lies between us.

Destiny or not,
For a moment in time
I knew someone special.
Someone who made me 
What I am right now.
I don't know if I'll stay that person forever,
Or if I'll be separated from myself once more.

One way or another, 
I'm glad I got to meet you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment