A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 26, 2022

Dreaming of the Future

    I want to move on.

    I want to move forward from a world that's always sick and in danger of dying. 

    I want a world where we know we won't die from every plague you can imagine. 

    I wish the rest of the world felt the same way. All I see, when I look around, are people pretending that the Corona virus didn't happen, that too many people haven't died from it, that we aren't still in danger from it. All I see are people pretending the past isn't shaping today.

    I see people, afraid of the future, pretending the past will go on throughout eternity. 

    I remember, as a child, I wished that I didn't have to grow up, to go to college, get a job, anything that would make me a useful member of society. I was lucky, for my wish has been granted. I'm a lonely slob with no life who nobody with any sense pays attention to. Every day I look around and see so many who were not so lucky, who took the world at its word when they were told they had no choice but to go onto the next step, to become the people their parents wanted them to be. They listened, and they had everything taken from them.

    When I look around, I don't see people who are lazy and stupid. I see people who want to live in the world, but don't want the world we're currently living in. And I feel so angry. Not on my behalf, we could be living in a Utopia and I'd still choose the life I have now, but on behalf of everyone else. Everyone who chased a dream and is now paying the price. Is it really a crime to want to live a normal life.

    I want to move on. I want to move to a world where I see people living their lives and am consumed with envy and hatred, because then I know I'll be in a world that's worth living in, a world that's worth saving. I want a world where I'm compelled to fight for greatness, to chase after those who made it in the first place. I don't want a world where I blend in seamlessly, because I'm not sure such a world will ever exist, but I want a world where I feel it's worth it to try.  

No comments:

Post a Comment