A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2022

Thoughts on writing a novel

     I have to say, now that I’m about halfway through the first draft of Big Book of Enchantments, writing novels is oddly fun. I don’t think this first novel will really be good, mind you, but it’s fun to try to keep writing the same story day in and day out.

     It’s also very exhausting. I leave writing sessions feeling tired, even though I haven’t done anything physical. 

    I have high hopes though. I feel like I’m proving to myself that I can write something like a novel. I didn’t really think I could. I think we should push more people to take on big projects they’d enjoy, especially if they don’t think they’d do a good job. Even if I suspect people won’t like Big Book of Enchantments now, it still feels like a huge deal just to write this thing. 

     So go out there and do something that you want to do. Even if you don’t do a good job, you’ll feel good about yourself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment