A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Big Book of Enchantments, Chapter 7, Julia's Story

    I’ve been keeping my pocket mirror a secret from the others. I’m a little worried that if they see it, they’ll try and steal it from me. But I have to take it out now. There’s something I need to talk to my aunt about. 

    I flip it open and ask to speak to my aunt. It’s so late I’m sure I’ll have to leave a message, but to my surprise she answers. 

     “What is it, Julia?” She asks me.

     I tell her everything that’s going on, how we met Johnathon, then Jessica, Zac, and Michael, how we went to the capital and couldn’t get any help, and how Jessica now wants to go to Brook’s Hallow because she thinks someone might help Mike. “I don’t know why she thinks that, the only people who know any magic live in the place she just left.”

      “Maybe she just doesn’t want to go back. People like to put off unpleasant things.” My aunt says.

      “I don’t know. I don’t want to go back to the city until Rachel is safe.” I say.

      “Then don’t. Just say you don’t think it’s safe, then leave” She says.

      I look over at where Jessica is sleeping. “She’s not going to be happy about that.” I say.

     “That doesn’t matter. Rachel’s safety comes first.” My aunt says.  


No comments:

Post a Comment