A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2022

Life of a Writer Part 3

    A lot of people Blog hoping that they’ll become famous one day. I started feeling a lot better about blogging once I realized that Google counts you clicking on your blog posts as views, so there wasn’t really a good way to know if I was getting traffic or not, meaning that even if I become famous, I won’t be able to figure it out quickly.

   I’ve got a really large buffer at this point, mostly because I enjoy writing so much. I’ve wanted to be a writer since I was ten, and I’ve been daydreaming for basically my entire life. I don’t know how this will be my future, but I know that I want to do this. 

     I think the thing I’ve been enjoying the most is writing The Big Book of Enchantments. It’s not good, but it’s still a lot of work, most of it just getting myself to sit down and write. I feel like I’m learning a lot from writing it though. Just trying to keep everything straight is a massive challenge. I will admit, I really should have planned better.

    The other thing I’m enjoying is having a place where I can post poetry. I don’t consider myself a poet, but I like trying to figure out how to say what I need to say in as short a time as possible in a way that most people will get what I want to say. 

     The thing I most appreciate is the feeling that, for the first time in my life, I truly have some sort of voice. I know nobody cares, but as someone who thinks a lot but doesn’t know anyone willing to listen to me, it’s nice to be able to talk to someone who can’t complain. 

    I confess, one of the reasons I want Universal Basic Income is so that more people are free to pursue the art they want to make. If they don’t have to worry about making money, they’ll be better able to produce what matters to them. I wonder how many great art pieces we’d have if more people were able to make things. I hope we learn that at some point. 


No comments:

Post a Comment