A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

     I know this isn't a controversial opinion, but it would be wonderful if our leaders could accept that they aren't omnipotent, or at least that they aren't any closer to being omnipotent than the rest of us are. If there's one thing that running a blog no one reads has taught me, it's that anyone is capable of delusions of grandeur, regardless of how much external evidence there is to back that claim up. I feel like this should be the part where I sing the praises of those who don't succumb to the urge to think highly of themselves, but as someone who needs to delude herself just so that she can keep writing, I'm instead of the mind that the world would be a better place if more of us deluded ourselves into thinking that we were smart. At least then the world would know what we actually want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment