A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 20, 2023

    I never thought to appreciate just how lovely Washington is in springtime. I always took it for granted that Washington was a land of green trees and clean rivers. I know it's not a new observation to say that we should learn to appreciate what we have, but what I sometimes wonder is whether I appreciate the world that I have too much. The Washington I grew up in won't last forever, the internet I grew up with is dying fast, between climate change and the decline of capitalism, all of us are seeing the world change in unpleasant ways. Appreciating what you have now is easy. It's right outside your front door. It's appreciating what you might have in the future that's difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment