A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Monday, May 8, 2023

Answers

 Why doesn't the world want me?
Why doesn't the world care?
Why does everything I love leave me,
Forget me,
Abandon me?
Why am I destined to die alone in darkness? 

These are the questions that have haunted me
For as long as I can remember.
They've shaped me,
Changed me,
Turned me into something less
Than human.
My head knows they can't help it,
But my heart hates it nonetheless. 

Does it mean that you love someone
If you want them to be yours
And yours alone?
When they say that you're 
A monster,
Should you listen to them
When your heart says that you're just doing your best?

Is it true 
That if I knew
The answers to the questions
That I'll never stop asking,
I'll find the peace that I dream of?

My world is crumbling
And I don't know how or why. 
I'm alone
But I don't know
If they left or if I pushed them away. 
Why was I born a bad person?
Why is it so hard to do the right thing?

Please,
Someone,
Hear me,
Help me.

I just want to be happy once more. 

Where is Reality?
What is the truth?
How do I know where my mind ends
And the world begins?
How do I know this isn't just 
Another one 
Of my dreams? 

These questions are raging
Through my mind and my heart,
Shaping me,
Changing me,
Turning me into someone that no one
Would recognize.
My head doesn't know what's going on
And my heart doesn't want to know what happens next.

I don't know if I can love someone
The way they're meant to be loved,
If I can share what they have
And know what they know,
But if I stand still and wait
Then I'll never find out
Where my boundaries are.

I don't know if I'll learn anything
From chasing the question, 
But if I don't stop asking
Then I'll never find the answers that I seek.

My world may be crumbling,
But I know there's a reason,
A how, where, and why,
And if I find it,
Then maybe I can put it all back together
And make us whole once more. 

And somewhere,
Out there,
I know there's a world
That's meant just for me,
Me and all of the other outcasts
Who will never find their place
In any world.

If you're one of them,
Join me,
Come together,
Let's build a world that will let us be happy once more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment