A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Monday, May 1, 2023

A World Made for me

 I want a world made for me.
And only me.
I want a world where the sun always shines,
But the plants never die.
Where there's water and electricity
But you never have to pay.
Where there's nobody but me
But I never need to notice.

Somewhere far beyond our finite lands
Is a world made just for me.
I've seen it in my dreams
When I'm just about to sleep,
I have everything I want
And my needs are always met.
There's no need for money,
I don't have to try,
And there's nobody else to displease.

If I could only convince people 
That my world is just and fair,
Then I'd have the world of my dreams.
I've tried, all my life, to convince them it's real,
I grumble, I cry, and I scream.
They all hate me now, but it's still not enough
For them to give me a world meant for me.

Can't they see it's a perfect world
Both for them and for me?
They get to live in a world built for everyone
Where nobody's voice is heard,
And I get to live in a world where I'm safe
From the voices who won't stop complaining.

But they insist that I stay 
In a world meant for them,
A world in which I will never belong
No matter how hard I try.
Why is nobody focused on what I want and need?
Even if it's not meant for me
So many people want somewhere else to go.
As bad as things are, I'm now almost certain
That if I could just find one person to help me
My dream could become a reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment