A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 11, 2023

    I want our world to be a future where you can succeed without being powerful, or at least a world where success isn't a prerequisite for getting to live. I know that people mean well, but there will never be an objective way of measuring success. All we'll ever be able to do is try and convince other people that we're better than we really are, in the hopes that we can fool them into letting us live for a few more days. We're fortunate that most people are willing to be fooled, but I'm watching that willingness shrink day by day as our leaders demonstrate how lost they truly are. Unfortunately, it's the people at the bottom who are suffering the most, the people who couldn't afford to lose what little trust they had in the first place. Don't get me wrong, even I like to believe that I'm better than everyone else, but every time I see someone begging for cash outside of a grocery store, I'm reminded of the price everyone else has to pay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment