A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

    I'm writing both this post and Thursdays post on memorial day, a day that doesn't mean much to someone without a "real" job. I don't want to pretend that I don't think those fighting for America aren't doing a great service, even if I no longer believe in the concept they're protecting, but I can't help but wish that we didn't worship the military as much as we do in the United States. There's this idea that guns and warfare will solve whatever problems we face, be it poverty, hunger, or the sense of loneliness that consumes everyone. This isn't true of everyone, but we all know that there is a group of people so devoted to the art of warfare, they don't know how to live peacefully anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment