A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 22, 2022

Our Life's Story

     I've heard it said, time and time again, that someday you'll realize you were only ever meant to be a bit character in someone else's life. As a writer, I have to disagree with that sentiment. You're the protagonist of your story, the one deciding who you were meant to be and what you were meant to do. The issue is that everyone else is also trying to tell their own stories, and the plotlines do always line up. I want to be a famous author, but someone else may not like the future that results. If I buy something at the store, it means that someone else, who may have wanted it even more than I did, won't have it. All of us are shaping, and being shaped by, our world. It's the reason we can't always get what we want.

    But I don't think there's a reason we couldn't all be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment