A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 2, 2022

Heroes of the world

    I know I'm supposed to resent living in a world based on shallow materialism, but I kind of miss it. When I was old enough to be paying attention, the internet was already a big part of life, so living in a world where most people didn't care about the things I was passionate about wasn't that big a deal. Now it feels like all anyone can focus on is the stuff I've been wondering about for years. 

   I guess I should be happy. I've got a lot to say about all this after all. But when you spend you're whole life feeling like some unloved weirdo, being the most knowledgeable person in the room feels jarring. 

   I hope I'm just being delusional, but I can't seem to shut up the voice that screaming, "Why aren't you being louder? You know people need to hear what you have to say. You know you can see what's going on better then most. Why don't you get up and say that?" 

   I never thought I'd be important, and I don't like the feeling that I suddenly am. 

   Maybe someone will point out how stupid I am. It's not like other's aren't looking at the world to. There are lot's of heroes out in the world right now, we just haven't met most of them yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment