A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2022

Dissent

 I've spent my whole life
Hiding
The truth from my friends.

I've spent my whole life silent,
Tacitly
Saying I agree with everyone.
The truth is,
I feel differently.

I agree with some people about some things,
But I agree with others about most,
Which group should I pick?

Should I not be fussy?
Should I just go with what makes me happy?
What happens when I hear them agree
With a point of view I don't hold?

What if I suspect their right and I'm wrong
But it doesn’t' change my mind?

Should I feel sympathy for lucifer
For saying his peace 
And being cast out for it?

I don't want everyone to agree with me,
But I don't like the feeling that something's
Wrong with me.

I've spent my whole life
Pretending
I don't care what other people think.

But in the end,
All I want is acceptance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment