A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2022

The Genius Sorcerer

     If you want to master magic, you must understand the science behind it. That's the first thing you learn in school, and it's the guiding law behind every sorcerer's life.

     My father was a Sorcerer, was because he cheated on his wife with his serving maid. For their crime, both of them were banished to the monster lands. For his crime, I had to grow up knowing neither my mother nor my father, and was instead raised by my Aunt. 

   I never doubted the fact that I'd be a sorcerer someday. I knew not to repeat my father's mistake. I always knew I'd become more powerful than the man who'd chased someone he couldn't have thinking he'd never be caught.

   My doubts were what all children not raised by their parents feel. Worry, fear, a sense that maybe they didn't like you for a reason. I knew it was stupid of course. I used it as practice for not letting my emotions get the better of me. 

   I still wish my father cared though. 

   Father, I want you to know; I am a genius. Someday, you and your wife will know that fact, and you will regret ignoring me and my mother for so long. Someday you will see that your daughter, Nina Corvi, is the best sorcerer alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment