A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2022

Alone

      Estellia's dying.

     How?

     How did this happen?

     How did it fall?

     It's not a dreamworld. It doesn’t belong to me. Or anyone else. 

     So why is it dying?

     Why is my home collapsing in front of my eyes?

     I thought that as long as there was a dreamer, as long as they had somebody to guide them, they would be alright. But they are falling into war right in front of my eyes. Was I meant to save the world? Why?

    I can't go back. They don't want me. They've made that clear time and time again. All I have is a dream, a story about how amazing life would have been if I'd been as special as Alex, Nina, Emily or John.

   But I'm nobody. I'm no one. I'm a voice doomed to spiral through the Infinite.

   Alone. 

   Can I fix things?

   Will I get a second chance?

   Can I change people's views of who I am and who I was meant to be?

   I don't want to be the hero or the villain. I want to be myself, Cassandra Lumis, a woman who builds dreamworlds for fun. A woman who tells stories to children. A woman who's words have no impact on the world but for the meaning they impart on their listeners.

    Will I ever have a say in who I am?

    I know they won't want me. I'm worthless. It's hopeless. 

   Can I build a better world?

   What about the people in this one?

   What should I even do? 

   What else can I do?

   I can't save Estellia.

   I couldn't even if I wanted to.

   I can't let these people suffer because of the mistakes their ancestors made.

   It's time to let Estellia die.

   It's time for a new world to be born.

No comments:

Post a Comment