A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Stories of my life

    I don't want to say I started this blog for any grander purpose then "I want a blog." Because I honestly didn't. I'm just one of those people who thinks a lot about whatever is interesting to them at that moment, and I liked the idea of having a captive audience who couldn't run away from me. 

    My larger, if much more nebulous, goal with this blog is to improve my writing skills. My hope is to publish a novel someday. Actually, my ultimate goal is to publish this story I came up with a couple of years ago that I really like but is split up into ten books. I'm not even really sure how large the books are at this stage, I just know that I like the story and I want it to be published. 

    But I figured I'd start with the story I love the most, but think is objectively the worst of the stories I've written. It's the story I've been publishing throughout July. I have no idea if anybody will like it, since I don't really plan on pushing it on anyone, but I love it. Not because it's good, but because it was the first really big story I can remember writing. 

    I do wish I could get feedback on it. I love it, but I don't think there's a lot I can do with it. I figure that if I practice with it, it'll help me learn what I need to know for the bigger plans I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment