A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2022

The Perils of Fortune telling

      These past few days have been a bit heavy, so I think I'm going to talk about something phenomenally stupid I believe. 

    Throughout history, humans have had many approaches to telling the future, from using string to heating bones over a fire. Despite my doubts as to its merits, I occasionally dabble in fortune telling myself. My personal rule, though, is that I have to try and use the least effective method to predict the future that I can. So I usually just role dice or draw five cards from a deck and make a prediction based on that. 

    In my opinion the most effective method of predicting the future is using the weather report. I'm not just referring to it predicting rain or sun. I have this hypothesis that the weather is partially affected by the mood of people in the area, so if it's hotter then normal people are angry and if it's cold and wet then people are sad. I realize that the weather affects peoples moods, but my brain has noticed that the weather sometimes gets warm when major events happen, and as brains often do, it has become convinced that this always happens. 

  Do you ever try and predict the future? What method do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment