A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2022

Reality

     I don't think that humans will ever be able to see, much less comprehend, the reality of our Universe. It's much too big for us to do that. Because of this, we will never be able to know if we really see the objective truth. What well believe today will be proven bunk in a hundred years time. 

    Whenever I see people spouting views I know to be wrong, I just remind myself that in another world I would believe the same things. Humans aren't immune to being shaped by their world after all. I hold many views that I know can't possibly be true, but they fit the world I live in too neatly to get rid of. 

   I have to wonder, in a world where none of us can know the truth, can any of us claim to be sane? 

   Most of know that things like books, most movies, paintings and so on aren't real, yet we get angry when they don't convince us that they are real. Clearly I'm not the only one who believes in what I know isn't real. So why, then, are we obsessed with trying to find reality? Why don't we search for the truth about the world we actually live in? 

No comments:

Post a Comment