A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2022

The State of the World

    It must be said; when you're a writer, you run the risk of having your words reflect the reality of what's happening in the world. I can't help but wonder if that's why so many people peddle conspiracy theories, you don't have to worry about being right. 

    I've been writing about the state of the world for about six months at this point. Mostly just to get my feeling on the page and to try to make my voice heard in whatever way I can. I've got poems about how the world is dying. I've got poems about how hard it is to believe in anything anymore.  Most recently, I posted a poem about how everyone is trapped, and now we have to fight to get out. None of these poems were written based on facts, they were written based on what I saw and what I was feeling at the moment. 

   Now a billionaire just bought a social media platform so he can peddle his own beliefs without consequence, and the supreme court is in the process of repealing Roe v. Wade. I can't help but think our leaders have grown tired of trying to placate the masses, we keep demanding the same things, even thought they've made it clear they have no intention of listening to us. So now they're trying to destroy our sense of worth, pushing us down, making it clear we have no say in the world that we helped create. 

    I'm scared. I don't miss the old world, but I'm scared that our new one is going to be so much worse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment