A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2022

Doom

     Last night, my mother told me that she noticed that when the Sandy Hook shooting happened, the news went on about it for weeks. This shooting was forgotten about after a few days. That's true in the mainstream, but I think that people are a lot more outraged about this one than they were about Sandy Hook. Or maybe their like me, thinking that shootings are so common they aren't really news worthy any more and angry that our country is so broken that that's been the case for, god, years at this point. 

     I have to ask, is there any point to having politicians at this point? I thought the reason you had a government was that if there's a societal problem that's too big for you to solve, the government would take care of it for you. All our politicians seem to care about is winning elections. They don't care about anything else. I know that this is partly a systemic issue, but if the system doesn't work anymore, then why are we still following its rules? 

No comments:

Post a Comment