A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Where to next

     I'm still riding high off of publishing "A Glass House". I confess, though, part of me feels just a little bit bummed. Not that it's probably going to be very obscure, I always assumed nobody was going to wind up reading it. It just feels like this blog's been building up to the release of this poem for so long, I'm not sure where I want to take it from here. 

     I do know that I want to write more fiction. I've been telling stories ever since I was very young. My writing grew out of my tendency to daydream. I'm also not going to stop writing poetry. I hope I can come up with another poem that affects me the way this poem did. I want to get better. I want to write poetry that I genuinely think is great poetry. It's been my life's dream to be a writer, and now I feel like I've finally made it. Someday, I want people to read what I've written, and I hope I can impact the lives of other writers the way I was impacted by my favorite authors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment