A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Friday, May 13, 2022

The Price of Power

    Disclaimer: I don't usually post poetry on days other than Monday, aside from the time I forgot to post "The Future" during the week chapter 7 of All the World's a Stage was released, but I've been feeling really depressed lately, and this poem fits my current mood. 

A song by Ellen Thomas

Tired, So tired,
There's nothing of me left.
Our world, so  broken,
I'm now simply bereft.

Each day now, My family,
Begs me to let go.
I see the failure
And my heart is set aglow

With power comes power,
The power to destroy
The world I once knew
Is falling to the void. 

Empty, there's nothing
I wish the world would end. 
The actions of leaders
I do not comprehend.

Of something I'm certain,
I've nothing left to lose.
I've spent far too long
Simply taking abuse.

With power comes power,
The power to destroy,
My home's gone forever
It's been taken by the void. 

No comments:

Post a Comment