A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2021

My opinions

    I’m writing this after finishing An Amateur’s Perspective: Technology in Elementary School. I wrote it mostly just because after reading that Washington Post article I thought to myself, “I have a lot to say about this.” So, I said it. I didn’t write it in a persuasive essay format, not because I don’t know how to, I just didn’t think trying to persuade people that I knew what was best for kid’s was a good idea, because I don’t, I just have an opinion from being one of those kids that schools don’t know how to deal with. 

   I’m debating with myself whether I should have tried to be more persuasive or offer more objective points, but I find writing that way to just be boring. Maybe it’s because I grew up during an age where google is readily available but trying to find sources that back what I’m saying has always been my least favorite part of writing research papers, and I doubt anybody who reads my blog cares. There’s also the fact that anyone who cares about this already has a lot of examples that back their points. 

   Mostly I just wanted to talk about what I thought and why I thought it. I don’t hear a lot of people mentioning how school policies impact those with disabilities, so I wanted to talk about that, and mention that there are pros and cons to having technology in the classroom, rather than just say “lets get rid of technology.” Without providing any good reasons for why we should do that. I think a lot of writers forget that their audience is human, and humans don’t really care about what the facts are. What they care about is what they think and feel. So if you want to convince someone, you have to reach them emotionally. 


No comments:

Post a Comment