A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2021

Christmas

I don't know what it's like for you,
But for me Christmas is 
Walking through the mall when the decorations
Go up. 
Bright lights, loud voices, music I know by heart,
A promise that this year money won't just make you happy
It'll make everyone you love happy.

I don't know about you,
But my favorite part of Christmas
Comes when it's over
And I don't have to celebrate anymore.
During Independence Day we celebrate America,
During thanksgiving we celebrate gratitude,
During Christmas we're supposed to celebrate god,
Or each other,
Or just be grateful for family.

I know this isn't true for everyone,
But I'm not close with my family,
At least, not the one's I'm related to by blood.
They aren't mean, cruel, or thoughtless,
They're just too wrapped up in themselves to care about me.

I know a lot of people
Miss when they were small,
And Santa was real.
And Christmas could be fun 
And not a chore.

I don't hate Christmas,
But I can't wait until I don't have to celebrate it anymore.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment