A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 29, 2024

     I wonder how much longer it will be before someone other than me notices that not only are there no good answers, there aren't any right answers either. If I vote for Donald Trump, I'm wrong. If I vote for Kamala Harris I'm wrong, but maybe less wrong than I would be otherwise. It I don't vote at all, I'm betting my future on people having more sense than me. Those are my only choices, and all of them lead to damnation. I'm expected to accept this reality, to admit that all I can do is minimize the damage. But I can't. I can't accept a world where I'm powerless and can't believe in anything. I can't accept a world where the physics were laid out in just such a way that I can't live by my own terms anymore. No one can. We don't believe in this world anymore. We're only pretending that we do because of the one true fear that everything in the Universe feels. Inside all of us is a silent voice saying that if we don't go to the polls on November 5th, we'll be responsible for the loss of everything we've ever believed in. So what's left then? Are we doomed to be forgotten? Are we doomed to be erased? Are we doomed to awaken from our eternal dream? Is it possible that we can face reality and reject it? Can we turn from this doomed path to one where we aren't just pretending to believe in democracy, but following its principles every day of our lives? 

No comments:

Post a Comment