A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 13, 2023

     In my mind, reality is just a collective fantasy, built on our hopes, dreams, and views on what is and isn't real. I feel like we'd be better off accepting this, allowing for the fact that the only thing keeping society real is our willingness and ability to participate in it, but I don't know how I can say that without making it sound like I look down on those who live in it. After all, for most people society is the best tool they have in their fight against the Infinite. I can't fault people for using it, I just think we could be doing so much more with it. The only catch is that doing those things requires us admitting that we will never have a society that lives within reality. I don't think that should be the point of building a society in the first place. What we have is a pale imitation of reality that lacks the complexity necessary for everyone to express themselves, whilst also being so simplistic that there's not much for people to do. Even if you believe in Reality, it's not hard to see that almost nobody is happy in this world, and when it falls, what will there be to fall back on? Haven't we already destroyed nature? 

No comments:

Post a Comment