A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 5, 2023

     I have a hypothesis about what we call "tall poppy syndrome". I don't think it has much to do with intelligence. I've heard stories about people who hate those who are smarter than them, but I've never met someone like that in real life. Who I have met, on multiple occasions, are people who hate me because I have trouble keeping my emotions in check. I cry, scream, and shut down at all the wrong times, and my triggers are things that most people don't think twice about. Most people who live in the world can't imagine there may be a group for whom simple things like paperwork and conversation can be utterly overwhelming, especially if you're exceptionally skilled at something they aren't naturally gifted in themselves. I'm told it's not uncommon for smart people to feel big emotions, so I wonder if the real problem most geniuses face isn't a stupid population, but an unemotional one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment