A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 24, 2023

    I was raised to want more. I'm the kind of person who thinks that if I had just a little bit more, I'd be happy. I was raised that way by my mother, a woman who decided the only standing between us and more outside time was better outdoor furniture, which she then couldn't put together. I go past the lottery machines at the grocery store and think, "Man, if I had that much money, I could buy whatever I want, then I'd never be unhappy again." Then when I get some money, I find that I don't like spending it that much. I don't want to increase my status, I just want to spend recklessly and leave the consequences of my actions to the future. When it comes right down to it, life is mostly good for me, though I do wish that I had more friends. That bother's me. I'm a loner who lives with her mother and can't dream of owning anything better. Why do I feel like I'm happier than ninety-nine percent of the United States, billionaires included? 

No comments:

Post a Comment