A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2022

    I saw an article today with the headline "Elon musk might not buy Twitter." Not those exact words, but that was the gist. 

   It would be a good thing if Elon Musk didn't buy Twitter, I guess, but why make us go through so much stress only to reveal that he couldn't do it in the first place? 

   The major downside to being a writer is that you find yourself criticizing every story you ever read, even if it's the story of your own life. Why hype Elon Musk up so much if he's only going to back down in ten seconds? Why make Donald Trump the one to bring America to it's knees? Why does life have so many villains, but never enough heroes?

   I realize it's stupid. I'm well aware that life doesn't work that way. I'm not the one writing the story of humanity, everyone is the writer of that story. What seems like a stupid plot point that goes nowhere from my perspective could be a major, life changing event to somebody else. 

   Whatever I think, I don't know that Twitter will be safe even if it turns out that Elon Musk can't purchase it. Neither is Facebook, Instagram, or any other extant social media platform. All of them we're born in a lawless world, and none of them are ready for the world people want to build, a world where free speech will lose out to peoples desire to believe in basic human decency. 

     Or at least, that's what I keep telling myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment