A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 23, 2022

The views of a famous person

     One thing that's becoming clear is that if I want to become famous, on twitter at least, I need to focus on branding more than on producing content I enjoy. I did know this before I went in, but I think that in the back of my mind I thought my content would be different, somehow. 

    I can't honestly blame people for not liking my content. I don't think the stuff I produce is any deeper than anything that, say, Disney produces, it's just stuff that makes sense to me and reflects my worldview. I also don't want to become famous for being someone I'm not. My view is that if people know me as how I have to present in public, then they don't know me at all. 

   I also, weirdly, kind of prefer it this way. I've always thought of myself as the misunderstood weirdo. Most writers do, honestly, even if they're actually fairly normal. So the fact that the stuff that I feel most reflects who I actually am is the stuff that gets the least views is, in a way, kind of vindicating. It shows that yes, I'm right that being yourself isn't the path to success we all pretend it is. 

    That doesn't mean it isn't, for me at least, the easiest path to take. I have a lot of opinions about the way the world should work. Like a lot of people, I think the world would be a better place if we were willing to see it as it actually is instead of what we think it is. But as someone who loves science, I know that that isn't possible. The universe is too large for any one person, or even super computer, to truly understand. I don't even know that we can understand what's going on with each other. The act of living takes more than most of us are willing to admit. The fact that I choose to be myself, an individual, is as much because I've never found it easy to fit into society as it is I feel it's the right thing to do, personally. 

    I think that the reason I decided to start blogging more is that I've always viewed myself as a woman who lives by her principles, however much they go against what other people believe. I'm not going to argue that point, objectively I think you could make a good argument for or against that. I could also be wrong about this, but that's something I think we all do whether or not we really want to admit it. Whether or not that's true, I like doing something that allows me to pretend I'm a better person than I actually am. At the end of the day, aren't we all trapped in an illusion, together and alone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment