A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Friday, April 1, 2022

Life of a Writer

      One problem I have is that my brain keeps choosing random things to obsess over, a lot of it is stuff I would never talk about publicly. This means I write page after page of stuff I never plan on posting, just as a way of trying to get it out of my head. My head doesn't want to let go of things though, and I've learned that sometimes the only thing to do is to expose myself to it as much as possible in the hopes that my brain will get bored and move on. 

     I don't know if this is a common problem. I think it's mostly to do with the fact that my brain is one of those brains that loves to think about all sorts of things, to the point that a big reason I never graduated from college was that I couldn't think of a major that I wanted occupying my existence. I know my brain too well, and I know that my brain gets bored very easily. It's so bad that the tricks they give you to try to stay organized don't work for me because I can never stay organized enough to make them work. 

     Yes, in case you're wondering, I do sometimes think I might have ADHD.  

No comments:

Post a Comment