A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

     I'm becoming incredibly grateful for my blog. I can post anything I want to on it. To be fair, you can post anything you want on basically any platform, provided you're okay with the possibility of getting banned and you don't mind people yelling at you for abuse or hate speech. But for me, anytime I'm in a group setting, I'm always running speech through my head to make sure it doesn't sound terrible to my listeners. I don't have any natural filters. I'm okay with being brusque, but I'm not okay with hurting other people's feelings. 

    I wish more people talked about how hard it is for some people to know how to interact with others socially. We treat socializing like it's an inbuilt skill, but everyone knows that kids suck at being polite to others. Not because their being mean, but because they haven't learned how not to be mean yet. We take it for granted that it can be learned naturally, but a lot of us don't learn social behaviors naturally. We learn through books, or having it explained to us. 

    I don't think it's everyone else's responsibility to teach me how to be a better person, but I do wish it were more widely known that the best way to tell someone they screwed up is to just tell them that they screwed up, plain and simple.  

No comments:

Post a Comment