A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Monday, February 26, 2024

Alone

 To influence the world, you must let yourself be influenced in turn. 
This is my mantra,
These are the words I let guide my life.
Yet now the world has been closed off to me,
And no one will let me speak out.

I feel so alone,
Unwanted.
In my younger days, 
I dreamed of success,
Of joining those 
Who bring the world to life.
But in time,
It became clear that I was too stupid to do that.

I watch as my world fades
Bit by bit,
Person after person vanishing
Into the great unknown.

How am I supposed to find meaning
In this empty place?

All I can do is dream,
Dream of a future only I believe in.
A future where nobody needs to work,
So everyone's contributions have value. 

How I wish I could just write,
Just let my thoughts spill out across the page,
Never needing to fear a future where nobody cares. 

No comments:

Post a Comment