A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Monday, February 12, 2024

A Cry of Desperation

 Those living on borrowed time,
Before the gods remember why they hate us,
Are trapped.

How can we escape a planet that won't notice us?
How do we flee forwards in time?
They say there's an answer,
That happily ever after is only a song away.

How can you give up everything
For a world you do not love?
How do you have faith in Gods
Who do not want to listen?

What do you do when you can't stay
But have nowhere to go?
Why am I a worse person
For not wanting to exercise the few rights I have?

Morality changes.
I hope that someday we'll move past the idea
That only one kind of work is valid,
That a person who can't keep a house clean
Is impure.

I want to live in a world where work is plentiful,
And the workday short.
Failing that,
I wish that there was no work at all.

I wish there was a world
Where housing was free,
Food plentiful and cheap,
Everyone was guaranteed enough money
To survive,
And no one had to wait for the day their parents 
No longer love them.

If you're listening,
Then I must ask;
Why is there a world that only half of us believe in?
Why can't you help the rest of us be heard?
If we don't believe in you,
You'll fade from existence..
If you want to last until tomorrow,
Show your followers the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment