A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Monday, February 5, 2024

A Simple Dream

 I open my website and see
The numbers go up,
Ten, a hundred, a thousand,
So many people see
The things I have written.

Outside a small group, no one knows my name,
Everyone who follows me loves me as I am.
I'm only a little famous, but that doesn't matter.
I've achieved what most can only dream of.

A forgotten painting in a lonely gallery,
A song sung only when everyone's left,
The bits of art no one but a few know.
They say I'm underrated,
That someday everyone will know my name.
But I know better.

I make art only a few people care about,
Because I make art for myself and no one else.
I have enough to survive,
So I'm not complaining.
It's rare to be unique
While being someone people care about.

Perhaps when I die the world will understand me.
The future will remember me as one who saw the truth.
For now, I'm happy living in a simple dream,
Watching numbers tick up slowly,
Knowing the love I see every day is real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment