A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

The Importance of Belief

     I don't believe in God. It's not that I don't think he/she/it could exist, it's that judging by what's in the bible, they aren't someone I want to believe in. My feelings are, if you believe in a deity, then they should be willing to protect you from the world you have to live in. 

    I don't believe that our world is a simulation. A simulation keeps going no matter how many, or how few, of those who live in it believe that it's real. That's not the world I see. I see a world that only exists because everything in it, from the stars to atoms, believes in it and follows the rules. 

   I don't believe our world is doomed, no matter how hard we try to destroy it. Our world is much larger then us, much more complex then we could ever imagine. Even if we make our planet uninhabitable, we won't be able to take our Universe with us. Someday, somewhere, someone will pick up where we left off. 

   I want you to remember, when you're angry at others for not fighting to save our world that, deep down, we're all trying to keep our world going. We're trying to our best to believe in a world that we know, no matter how hard we try to hide it, doesn't really exist. Everyone, on earth and elsewhere, is doing everything they can do to keep our Universe together. All of us are telling, and playing out, a story that lets us keep control of a world that doesn't know our names, where no matter how loudly we yell, it will never hear our cries. 

    Remember, everyone is trying to avoid looking down into the Infinite. Don't do anything to make it any harder than it already is for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment