A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2022

An Imaginary World

This isn't real.

That's what I keep telling myself.
That's what I have to remember
To keep from being consumed 
By despair.

This isn't real.
Our world 
Only appears real
To us
Because we have no reason 
To believe that it isn't.

But it isn't real.
It never was.
It never will be. 

Our world 
Is nothing more 
Than a dream.
A way of coping with the fact
That our world will end
And take all of us with it. 
Our world
Is  nothing more
Than an act of rebellion
Against the infinite.

Our lives are a rebellion
Against that 
Which we can never know about.
Against that
Which we can never see.
Our lives are a rebellion
Against the fact
That someday 
We will have to wake up.

And that time is coming soon. 

Our time of belief
In a world that would stay real
Without our help
Is ending. 
I can't ignore it,
No matter how hard I try.

This isn't real.

I try to remember 
That the Infinite
Is outside of reality.
I try to remember
That our world
Will keep us safe.

But everywhere I look
I see people struggling 
With the feelings flowing through my 
Heart 
Like magma.
Everywhere I look
I see reminders
That this isn't
And never will be
Real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment