A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Fears and worries

     I hurt.

     I always knew there would be a moment when I would have to face the truth; the old world is gone and we're not going to get it back. That moment hit yesterday. I can't stop crying and I don't know how to talk to anyone about what I'm feeling. 

    I've had this suspicion for a while that we're seeing the truth, specifically the truth that I see. I'll be honest, I didn't want it to be true. I can handle the thought of being a con artist, being despised by history as a worthless scammer, but when I picture a world that sees the Infinite for what it is, I don't see any happy endings. 

    The Infinite is why I believe we should fight global warming. I don't think we'll win, but whatever we learn in our failure will be valuable knowledge should we need to build a strong Dreamworld. My feelings on environmentalism are a little mixed honestly, but if it keeps people fighting for a better world, then I'm all for it. 

   Lately, however, I keep asking myself the same question, a question I can't possibly answer.

   What if we're too late? What if our world is doomed? How much longer do we really have? 

No comments:

Post a Comment