A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2022

Living for a dream

 A song by Ellen Thompson

You step out of bed every morning
Hoping the sun will shine bright.
You may notice that there are clouds forming
With no sign of sunshine in sight.

But that's alright, with love and hope
Soon everything will be better
Just don't fall down the slick slope
That's happened because of the weather.

I don't want much in this world,
I don't hope for peaches and cream,
I don't wish to be more than a girl
Who is living for a dream.

My family says I'm amazing
My boss says I'm painfully normal
My sister's say I'm slightly endearing
When I'm not trying to be formal

But that's alright, when the clouds clear away
And the sun once again shine's bright
I'll celebrate my successes that day
Though my chances of fame are slight

I don't need much in the world,
I know I'm more than I seem,
I just need to be more than a girl
Living only for a dream

The people who guided once
Have turned to darkness and wrong
I can't do anything about this affront
So I express my feelings in song

I work for my parents 
I work for my boss
But it's more and more apparent
That my social life's a loss

I need more in this world
Than to be the member of a team
I don't want to be merely a girl
Who is living for a dream

No comments:

Post a Comment