A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

New Normal

   My mother just told me she canceled the vacation she was planning on taking with me in May. A normal person would be really bummed about it, I honestly feel guilty. See, I wasn't excited about taking a vacation when the pandemic was going on, especially when I don't feel that enough people are taking it seriously anymore. But I still wanted her to be able to go. She get's really depressed when she doesn't leave the house for months. I also don't she's healthy enough to travel by herself. With the pandemic, we just haven't been able to go anywhere, and as a result she's super depressed. 

     I've been thinking a lot about the "New Normal" people keep talking about. I know people are sick of pandemic life, but I've made it clear that I don't think normal is coming back, at least not in the way we want it to. But I do want to live in a world where people can cruise without worrying about Covid surges or invasions by Tyrants. 

     I don't want to go back to the way things were in 2019, or even 2012. I did enjoy the 2000's, but I was young enough to not know a lot about the issues we were facing. But I don't want people to be stuck inside all day except for when they leave for work. I don't want people to have to worry about other's not wearing their masks. I don't want to live in a world where racists with podcast get a deal with a major platform and everyone just shrugs their shoulders, and I certainly don't want NFT's to become a part of our lives just because the people with money say it's the future. I don't want the old world back, but I don't want everyone stuck in the world we've got either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment