A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

     Whenever I look at Elon Musk, I get worried that I'm a bad person. Not because I've done any of the deranged things he's done, but because my one claim to goodness is that I haven't done any of the deranged things that he's done. I yell into the void much more than he does, but it's on a blog no one reads, and I didn't destroy a social media platform in order to do it. I'm not destroying any of my personal relationships for clout, but since I have next to no IRL relationships to destroy that means exactly nothing. Elon Musk has this weird power over me. I'm not as bad as he is, but I feel as though that makes me a bad person. I've always been the type of person to coast on the fact that I never do anything inherently wrong, so I must therefore not be hurting anyone. If I did do anything wrong, it's something so minor that no one would care about it. My problem is that Elon Musk is so destructive, so dangerous, so downright cruel that not being him isn't enough. You need to be the kind of person who could never become Elon Musk no matter what the world is doing to you. I can't say that about myself. I understand him too well to be able to say that. Looking at Elon Musk, I worry that one day someone will tell me that I'm just as bad as he is, and the rest of the world will agree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment