A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 6, 2024

     Today's election day where I am, primaries for various state offices mostly. I'd talk about how much I want certain candidates to win, but nowadays I'm just grateful when someone I want to vote for shows up on the ballot at all. Everything feels so uncertain, and I keep wishing for that person who will take the world where I want it to go. They wouldn't win, but it would be nice to believe that in the future I could actually live in the country that I grew up in. I know, I'm not the only person who feels dissatisfied. If I was, we'd be voting for Joe Biden instead of Kamala Harris this November. I don't know what's going to happen, but by this point, so long as I can pretend everything will be alright, I don't think that it's worth complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment