A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 14, 2024

Thoughts on 2024 so far

     The problem with writing all of my posts on Monday is you can tell when I start the week in a bad mood. Let's just say that 2024 has not started off promisingly, and I'm not accepting "Not as bad as 2023" as an improvement. I know we've had worse, but I'm not quitting until we've managed to have a year that, for once, doesn't leave the entirety of the United States longing for the sweet release of death. Or the rapture. I'm fairly certain I'm not the only person who feels that hell would be preferable to being alive. 

      It's not just that we've screwed up. People screw up all the time. It's that no one has the power on the inclination to fix anything. I can understand it being hard to believe in God, especially the Christian incarnation. I can understand not wanting to believe in your fellow humans, lord knows I don't. I don't understand being completely incapable of believing in Reality. We see it every day and are surrounded by people who see it everyday, and all of us know that our actions have consequences. Furthermore, we live in a democracy, and even autocracy runs on the idea that your army decides to shoot your enemies and not you. Our government can't survive if we decide that a world where either path leads to the death of innocents is completely unacceptable, and we act on that by booting the bastards out of office and picking a method of making sure they can't make it back in. Let's prove the libertarians wrong, and create a world where there is a choice between parties and you can make the right choice. If the people in charge won't do it, I guess that we'll just have to do it for them. And don't act like this is impossible. If the Fascists can act without leadership, there's no reason the far smarter left can't do the same thing, given the right incentives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment