A Writer Looking to Change the World

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 20, 2024

     I'm scared. No. Fear doesn't do what I'm feeling justice. I'm not a libertarian, and I don't particularly want to be, but I've passed the point of no return. I'm officially at the point where I feel that both parties are unacceptably bad. Not even in different ways. Things have gotten so bad that while I know there were good reasons for voting for Biden four years ago, I no longer remember what they were. I feel like I only voted out of blind hope that maybe, just maybe, Biden could turn things around. I never imagined he would make things worse. People keep insisting that the Democrats are better, but that doesn't feel real to me. At all. It feels like a blind statement of belief more than anything. What the heck are we supposed to do? How are we supposed to vote our way out of the feeling that no matter what we say or do, nothing will ever get better? Eternity as we know it is ending, and all we can do is sit back and wait for the moment we don't need to care anymore. How many of us will die? How many will be straight up erased from history, with nothing that even denotes their existence? What will happen when Democracy as we know it crumbles? 

No comments:

Post a Comment